Hello Everyone,
Yesterday on my IG I was asked if I had swatches of the new Balm Voyage palette from The Balm Cosmetics. I posted that I got the palette right before Christmas and I didn't so I thought I'd do a blog post with swatches and a little review about what I think of the palette. I haven't got a chance to fully use it but I can just tell you a first impression of this palette. Here is what the palette looks like for those who haven't seen the palette.
A2, B2, C2, D2, A1, B1, C1, D1
without flash
with flash
I purchase the palette from hautelook. Its a website that sells all kinds of things but only for a certain period of time but brands come back on there and its for discount price the balm is always on there I would say every few months just sign up and you will get notifications when certain brands are on the site or coming up. Here is the link http://www.hautelook.com/invite/acontreras7400 I love this website for name brand items.
Now, back into the product it retails for $42.50 but got it on hautelook for discount price. It is worth the price. It comes with 16 eye shadows and 3 lip colors. The eye shadows are so buttery and soft. I believe they are true to color and pigmented. It does come with some matte shades and the rest I would say are satin kind of shimmery but not too much. You can get a deep smoky eye with this palette or just an eye day soft look as well. I like that it comes with 3 lip colors that range from red, pink and coral color. The coral color is the most pigmented. The red and pink you can wear is sheer or even build it up. Here are swatches of the eye shadows and lip colors. Also the names of the eye shadows and lip colors go with the team of a boarding pass with seating numbers. I did not use a primer with these swatches.
First Row: (without flash)
A4, B4, C4, D4
with flash
Second Row: (without flash)
A3, B3, C3, D3
with flash
Third Row: (without flash)
A2, B2, C2, D2
with flash
Fourth Row: (without flash)
A1, B1, C1, D1
with flash
Last Row which is the lip colors: (without flash)
Second Officer, First Officer, Captain
with flash
These next photos are off the eye shadows swatches with a primer I used the BH Cosmetics eye primer.
A4, B4, C4, D4, A3, B3, C3, D3
without flash
with flashwithout flash
with flash
My final thoughts on this palette is that I love the eye shadows and the lip colors are okay I never really use lip colors in palettes but that's just me personality the colors are pretty and easy palette to travel with if you just want to take one thing. The only thing I didn't care for about the palette was the names of the eye shadows. I think they could have put more thought into the names. I always love The Balm packaging its always so cute and sleek.
thank you for reading my blog and I hope you enjoy this blog and it is helpful on purchasing this palette.
xoxo - AnGee
Facebook: www.facebook.com/makeupbyangee
Email: makeupbyangee310@gmail.com
IG: makeupbyangee
No comments:
Post a Comment